PocketLab wireless sensor streams measurement data during activities
Easy to implement and provides instant feedback
PocketLab is a wireless sensor that streams real-time measurement data. Hands-on activity bundles include the PocketLab device, exclusive ETA hand2mind® science tools, and a FREE downloadable lesson.
- Device connects to a smart phone, tablet, or Chromebook.
- Lessons developed by Dr. Clifton Roozeboom, PhD, Stanford University, who studied mechanical engineering.
- Instant transmission of measurement data: acceleration, force, angular velocity, temperature, and more.
How it works
Bring STEM activities to life with live, real-world data
- Download FREE PocketLab app
- Connect PocketLab sensor with a single button to a smart phone, tablet, or Chromebook
- Instantly stream measurement data that you can see and record
- Analyze date using cloud software
Components & Configurations
PocketLab Sensor Hardware
- Bluetooth 4.0 Smart wireless connection
- Approx. 50 ft. wireless range
- Approx. 80 hours of operation on one coin cell battery
- Can withstand 6 ft. drop with protective case (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 2.65"L x 0.65"W x 1.15"H
- Accelorometer: ±8g range, 0.001 g resolution
- Gyroscope: ±2,000 deg/sec range, 1.0 deg/sec resolution
- Magnetometer: ±1,000 uT range, 0.1 uT resolution
- Pressure: 30 to 180 kPa range, 3 Pa (0.3 meters) resolution
- Temperature: 20 to 70 C range, 0.5 C resolution
- Data rate: up to 33 samples/sec
- Records multiple sensor measurements simultaneously
- Export data to CSV format
- Upload to your choice of cloud software
Using the PocketLab wireless sensor students explore ways to make roadways safer. A downloadable activity guide will allow students to study the momentum of the car traveling down the ramp as it makes impact at the bottom. Students then monitor the graph on their tablet and chart the results.
Using the PocketLab wireless sensor students are able to explore and quantify the effects of movement. A downloadable activity guide will aid students in understanding the effects that the moving shake table has on the structure. Students then monitor the graph on their tablet and chart the results.
Silicone case protects your PocketLab from abuse–similar to a cell phone case. Offers additional attachment options for straps or lanyards.
Resources & Activities
Download Quick Start with Manual and Activity Guides for PocketLab.
Quick Start Guides with Manuals
Apple iOS PocketLab Quick Start Guide and Manual
Android PocketLab Quick Start Guide and Manual
Chromebook PocketLab Quick Start Guide and Manual
Windows 10 PocketLab Manual
PocketLab Activity Guides
Crash Cart Barrier Activity Guide–Use with PocketLab Ramp Set
Shake Table Activity Guide–Use with PocketLab Shake Table Set
Addtional Lessons and Resources
NGSS Standards Alignment
PocketLab Activity Sets